- 1/3 cup burghul or cracked wheat
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Place burghul, tomato and lemon juice in a bowl. Stand, covered, for 30 minutes or until burghul has softened.
Add parsley, mint, onion and oil to burghul mixture. Stir to combine. Serve.Tabouli is best made as close to serving time as possible. You will need 2 large bunches parsley and 1 bunch mint. You can find burghul in the health food section of the supermarket.